Eugene O'Neill Theatre

 
100% love it
  7
Broadway Theatre and recent home to The Book of Mormon, Fela!, 33 Variations, Spring Awakenings, & Sweeney Todd
Designed by architect Herbert J. Krapp, it was built for the Shuberts as part of a theatre-hotel complex named for 19th century tragedian Edwin Forrest. It opened on November 24, 1925 with the musical Mayflowers as its premiere production. The venue was renamed the Coronet in 1945, with renovations by architects Walker & Gillette, then in 1959 rechristened the O'Neill in honor of the American playwright by then-owner Lester Osterman. It later was purchased by playwright Neil Simon, who sold it to Jujamcyn Theaters in 1982.

Location

Upcoming Events at Eugene O'Neill Theatre

Tags